Error 4226: Event ID 4226 TCP/IP has reached the limit on cocurrent connections.
If you have been receiving:
Event ID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
or you plan on using any sort of BitTorrent or setting up any sort of server.
Tweak Tcpip.sys on Windows XP
1) Visit http://www.xp-antispy.org/index.php/lang-en/download and download “
2) Extract the zip file downloaded (Click “Next” -> “Next” -> “Finish”)
3) Open the new folder created and double click on the exe (something like “xp-AntiSpy.exe”)
4) Goto (in the top menu) “Special” -> “Connection Limit…”
5) In the new window that popped up (labeled “Attention” at the top), click “Yes, I got it.”
6) Choose the number of connections you want to allow (in the dropdown) (I would recommend at least 100) then click “Patch”
8) A windows popup should appear that says “The following files have been patched:”, click “OK”
7) Your screen should then look like:
8) Click “Exit”, then close the main window, then restart
You can delete the created program/folder or leave it there.
Tweak Tcpip.sys on Windows Vista
Follow the article here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/04/09/windows-vista-tcpipsys-connection-limit-patch-for-event-id-4226/
(Sorry I’m not familiar with Vista)
note: if you install a new service pack or install some Windows Updates you will need to repatch the files.
Hope that helps!
- James Hartig